Claire's Eco Store - Terms and Conditions of our eco store
Claire's Eco Store - Terms & Conditions
These pages provide information about who we are and the legal terms and conditions that will apply to your use of the Claire's Eco Store website and any product(s) you order from us.
- PART A: INFORMATION ABOUT CLAIRE'S ECO STORE
- PART B: WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- PART C: GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Product descriptions
- Acceptance of your order
- Ordering Procedures
- International delivery
- Returns, Exchanges, Defective Products and Incorrect Deliveries
- Defective Products
- Incorrect Deliveries
- Your right to cancel (UK/EU Consumers only)
- Making a complaint
- Other important terms
- PART D: PRIVACY & SECURITY
- This website is owned and operated by Claire's Eco Store, a company registered in England and Wales (under company registration number 5918422) whose registered office is at Charter House, 105 Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, SS9 1JL (“Claire's Eco Store”). Unless we say otherwise, we use the terms “Claire's Eco Store”, “we” and “us” in these pages to refer to Claire's Eco Store.
- These website terms and conditions (“Website Terms”) apply to your use of the Claire's Eco Store website at www.clairesecostore.co.uk (the “Website”). You must read these Website Terms carefully, and we recommend that you print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Website Terms in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Website Terms in their entirety, you must not use this Website.
- Other applicable terms and conditions
- If you order a Claire's Eco Store product through the Website, our General Terms and Conditions of Sale will also apply. You can view our General Terms and Conditions below (Part C).
- Your use of this Website
- You must only use this Website for lawful purposes, and you must not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the Website.
- You may use, download and print content on the Website solely for your own personal use. Other than for your own personal use, you may not without our prior written consent:
• copy, reproduce, use or otherwise deal with any content on the Website;
• modify, distribute or re-post any content on the Website for any purpose;
• reproduce, crawl, frame, link to or deep-link into this Website on or from any other website;
• use the content of the Website for any commercial exploitation whatsoever.
- If you are a corporate user and would like to request permission to use photography or other content, please contact us by e mail to email@example.com
- Use of this Website from outside the UK
- Except where otherwise specified on this Website, the materials on this Website are displayed solely for the purposes of promoting Claire's Eco Store products available in the UK. However we may accept orders for delivery to locations outside of the UK subject to customs, legal, regulatory and certain practical restrictions. Those who choose to access this Website from locations outside the UK or place orders for delivery to locations outside the UK are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Password/account security
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Claire's Eco Store shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
- Ownership of rights
- All rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, in and to this Website are owned by or licensed to Claire's Eco Store. If you acquire any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the Website (whether by operation of law or otherwise), then you agree to assign those rights to us (including any rights you may have in user generated content that you submit through the Website) on a worldwide basis absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law. You will also unconditionally and irrevocably waive any and all moral rights you acquire in or to the Website.
- You further agree to execute all such documents and do all such acts and things as we may reasonably require in order to assign any such rights to us and to waive any moral rights you acquire in or to the Website.
- Accuracy of content
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, Claire's Eco Store disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed in or on this Website is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party.
The views expressed in user generated content are the opinions of those users and do not represent the views, opinions, beliefs or values of Claire's Eco Store.
- Damage to your computer or other device
- Claire's Eco Store uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this Website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Website (including any content on it or any website accessible from it) will not cause damage to your computer or other device. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the Website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, Claire's Eco Store shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the Website.
- Links to other websites
- We may place links on this Website to other websites we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their content. Except where required by applicable law, Claire's Eco Store cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these websites.
- Exclusions of liability
- We exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and terms (whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise) to the fullest extent permitted by law. We accept no liability for any losses or damages which are not reasonably foreseeable arising out of or in connection with these Website Terms or your use of the Website.
- Except to the extent required by applicable law, Claire's Eco Store shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of or reliance on any content or information displayed in or on this Website.
- These exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Nothing in these Website Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. In addition, these Website Terms shall not limit or exclude any other liability that we are not permitted to limit or exclude under applicable law.
- Other legal notices
- Third party rights
- Only you and Claire's Eco Store shall be entitled to enforce these Website Terms. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Website Terms, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Entire Agreement
- Conditions of Sale) set out the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any and all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Law, jurisdiction and language
- Any matter that arises out of your use of this Website (including any contract entered between you and us through the Website) shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts shall be concluded in English.
- Changes to these Website Terms
- We reserve the right to change and update these Website Terms from time to time and recommend that you revisit this page regularly to keep informed of the current Website Terms that apply to your use of the Website. By continuing to access, browse and use this Website, you will be deemed to have agreed to any changes or updates to our Website Terms.
- These general terms and conditions of sale (“General Terms and Conditions of Sale”) apply to any order you place through the Claire's Eco Store website at www.clairesecostore.co.uk (the “Website”). You must read these General Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. By placing an order through the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety. If you do not agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety, you must not order any product through the Website.
- Website Terms and Conditions
- Whenever you use this Website to order a Claire's Eco Store product, our Website Terms and Conditions will apply to your use of the Website in addition to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale. By ordering a Claire's Eco Store product through the Website, you shall be deemed also to have read, understood and agreed to our Website Terms and Conditions.
- Product descriptions
- We have taken reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on the Website are correct and that all products have been fairly described.
However, when ordering products through the Website, please note that:
• orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this Website;
• all prices are displayed in GB pounds sterling (£) inclusive of UK VAT where applicable unless expressly indicated otherwise;
• the weights, dimensions and capacities shown on the Website are approximate only;
• whilst we try to display the colours of our products accurately on the Website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery;
• all items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product(s) you have ordered are not available.
- Acceptance of your order
- Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we dispatch the product(s) that you ordered from us.
- We will notify you by email (to the e mail address that you supply) as soon as possible to confirm that we have received your order.
- All products that you order through the Website will remain the property of Claire's Eco Store until we have received payment in full from you for those products.
- All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer and we take payment when we accept your order shortly before dispatch. If your payment is not received and you have already received the products you ordered from us, you must pay for the products or return those products to us in accordance with reasonable return instructions that we provide to you and in the same condition that you received them at your own expense. If you do not do this within 30 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the products at your expense. We reserve the right to charge you for any and all damage to (or other adverse interference with) any products that are the subject of an unpaid order.
- If we cannot supply you with the product you ordered, we will not process your order, inform you of this in writing by e-mail and, if you have already paid for the product, refund you in full as soon as reasonably possible.
- We accept payments currently only via Paypal but soon we will be hoping to accept all major credit and debit card methods.
You will pay for your order in GB pounds sterling (£).
The price displayed when you confirm your order will be the price you pay when your order is processed and will not change.
This amount will be charged to your credit/debit card/PayPal account in GB pounds sterling (£).
VAT is automatically included for destination countries in the EU at the applicable UK rate (currently 20%). This will be deducted for customers outside the EU.
International credit card providers or banks will determine the exchange rate for your currency and may add an additional processing or administration charge in relation to such payment which international credit card holders will be liable to pay.
- Ordering Procedures
- Placing an order with Claire's Eco Store is easy. There is no need to create an account first. You automatically create an account when you place your first order online.
We cannot accept orders by fax or by email.
- Here are the steps you need to follow to place an order:
- 1. Find the items you want
First you will need to browse or search for the products you would like to order. Keyword search boxes are located on nearly every page of our site. When you find a product that interests you click the title or name of the product or photo to see its product detail page.
- 2. Add the products to your Shopping Cart
If you want to order a product, click the ‘Add to Cart’ button on the item’s product detail page. Once you’ve added an item to your shopping cart keep searching or browsing until your cart contains all of the items you want to order. You can access the contents of your Shopping Cart at any time by clicking the ‘My Cart’ button at the top right of every page on the site.
- 3. Proceed to Checkout
Take a moment to review the items you have placed in your Shopping Cart. If you decide that you don’t want to purchase a particular product right away click the ‘x’ button.
When you’re ready to place an order for everything in the ‘Shopping Cart’ section of your cart click the ‘Proceed to checkout’ button. You will be taken to the first page of the order form.
- 4. Create Account
Enter your email address (please keep in mind that the email address you provide here will be the only email address to which we can send information about your delivery and subsequent orders and offers). Indicate that you are a new customer (do not fill in the password field. You will be asked to provide a password for your account later in the process) and click the ‘Create Account’ button.
- 5. Enter a Shipping Address
Tell us where you’d like us to deliver your order. To reduce the risk of card fraud, please note that we will only deliver to the address at which the relevant payment card is registered.
The shipping charge for your order will be displayed on the order summary page just before you submit your order.
- 6. Payment
- 7. Review and Submit Your Order
Check the accuracy of all the information you’ve provided and make any necessary adjustments (because the details cannot be changed after your order has been processed). When you’re ready, click the ‘Place Your Order’ button to submit your order. Once you place your order, we will send you a confirmation email message. We will send you another email message at the time of shipment.
- 8. Check Order Status
To check the status of your order, just visit online ‘My Account’ and sign in with your username and password to get a summary of any orders placed online.
You’ll see your order number, the date the order was placed, status of the order, order total, the shipping method for items that have been shipped.
Order status messages include:
Pending – we’ve received your order.
Processing – your items have already been prepared for shipment and cannot be changed. We’ll send you an email when your items have been shipped.
Shipped – we’ve shipped your order using the shipping method advised.
If you are unable to cancel your item(s) online and need to make a return please review the Returns procedures below.
- 9. Updating Account Information Log onto your account and use the sub-navigation on the left hand side to locate the information you wish to change.
- 2. Add the products to your Shopping Cart
- If your selected product(s) is in stock, we will endeavor to pick, pack and dispatch within 2 working days. We use Royal Mail, Parcel Force or other reputable courier companies for our deliveries and you will be asked to sign for your goods to acknowledge that you have received them safely. Please note that if you request the delivery company to leave your goods in an unsecure location, we cannot accept liability for any resulting loss.
- Delivery charges and timescales vary depending on the combined weight/size of the products ordered, the delivery service used and the delivery address. Delivery charges are highlighted throughout the site and the final delivery charge for your order is calculated and displayed clearly on the checkout page.
- In some cases (mainly for overseas customers) we may need to split your order and ship in 2 or more consignments. You will be advised if we need to do this.
- For further details of our delivery charges please see our Delivery Information page.
- Delivery will be made to the UK or international address specified in your order.
- To reduce the risk of card fraud, please note that we will only deliver to the address at which the relevant payment card is registered.
- Once an order has been processed the delivery address for that order cannot be changed or re-directed. We do not ship to PO Boxes or Freight Forwarders – we require an individual’s private, physical address to ensure delivery of your order.
- If no one is available at a residential or other address at the time of delivery, the delivery company will leave a note and you will need to contact them to rearrange the delivery.
If you experience any problems with your delivery or your goods are damaged in transit, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All risk in the products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
In the UK/EU, delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and other applicable legislation. Similar rights may apply for other international deliveries. For further information about your legal rights contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau for UK customers).
- International Delivery
- We currently dispatch to all countries throughout the European Union (“EU”) and various other countries.
- Delivery times vary by country and distance but as a guide will take approximately 3-5 working days after the date of dispatch for Europe and 5-7 days for the rest of the world.
- There should be no additional import/export duties on goods shipped within the EU and the applicable VAT has been included in our prices.
- Deliveries outside the EU (where available) will be sold exclusive of VAT and may be subject to local import duties and taxes, which may be levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional duties, taxes and charges will have to be paid by you regardless of the circumstances.
- It is a legal requirement that we declare the full value of the goods (not including shipping charges) on all deliveries destined outside the EU.
- For details of the customs/tax charges applicable to deliveries outside the EU you will need to consult your customs/tax authorities locally and we would recommend that you do this prior to placing your order with us.
- Occasionally, the supply of your product(s) may be delayed or prevented for reasons beyond our control – for example, material shortages, import delays or higher than anticipated demand. Where this is the case, we will, of course, make every effort to keep you informed but shall be under no liability to you for such delay or failure.
- Returns, Exchanges, Defective Products and Incorrect Deliveries
- Products purchased from this Website may be returned for a full refund (excluding the delivery charge) up to 30 days after dispatch, subject to the terms and procedures below:
• Please e mail us promptly at email@example.com with details of the product(s) you have returned, the reasons for the return and the tracking number. This will help us to process your Return more efficiently.
• The returned products must be in resalable condition. Not worn (apart from trying on for fit) or washed and in the original packaging without any visible signs of wear and tear or any marks or stains (including make-up). You can of course open the packaging to try your products on but please do so carefully because we will need to re-use the packaging if you make a return.
• Proof of purchase and a completed return form must be provided with your returned product (your receipt is emailed to you after you have completed your order and a copy is enclosed with your delivery).
• You are fully responsible for the cost and risk of the return shipping and we cannot be held responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit. For your own protection we strongly recommend that you use a recorded/tracked delivery service with sufficient insurance to cover the replacement value of the goods.
• Returns from countries outside the EU must be clearly marked as ‘Returned Goods – Failed Sale’ or the goods may be refused/held by customs and possibly sent back to you.
• Please send your returns to:
Claire's Eco Store,
Temple Farm Ind. Est,
- If you have complied with these terms, we will credit the card we have on file for you (for the purchase price of the products but not for the delivery costs) within 10 working days of receiving the returned products. It may then take your card company a few days to process the credit. If the original payment was made via Paypal we will credit the Paypal account that the order was placed on.
- If the product is not returned in a resalable condition as described above we will not provide a refund and will contact you to arrange re-delivery back to you.
Certain items such as underwear and swimwear may be excluded from our returns policy for hygiene reasons. These items can only be returned in accordance with your statutory rights.
Our Returns policy does not affect your statutory rights or your legal rights under the Distance Selling Regulations (see below) or other legislation.
If you purchased your product(s) from a retailer you should contact them regarding returns. Please do not return them to us.
- For exchanges, please follow the Returns Procedure outlined above (to obtain a refund) and re-order the alternative garment or size that you require. The above terms and procedures will apply and you will be fully responsible for the cost and risk of the return shipping. You will also have to pay for the delivery of the new item(s) as if you were placing a new order.
- Defective Products
- Products can be returned beyond the 30 day period if they are found to be defective. We cannot however accept an item returned as defective if the appropriate product care instructions have not been followed or if the damage caused to the product is due to wear and tear or misuse.
If you consider an item to be defective, please follow the Returns procedure above.
- If we agree that the item is defective we will at our option repair it, replace it or offer a refund and pay the reasonable return delivery charge you have incurred.
- If in our reasonable opinion the product is not defective, we will notify you in writing. We will not provide a refund and will contact you to arrange re-delivery back to you.
- Incorrect Deliveries
- If we failed to deliver the correct products, sizes or colours please notify us immediately upon receipt and return the incorrect products to us following the Returns procedure above. Upon receipt, we will dispatch the correct products at our cost and will refund the reasonable return postage charges you have incurred.
- If you have any questions or are unclear about any part of ours Returns Policy please don’t hesitate to e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your right to cancel (UK/EU Consumers only)
- If you are a UK/EU consumer, you have the legal right, under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 to cancel your order within seven working days following your receipt of the goods.
If you decide to cancel your order, you must notify us of your decision in writing within seven working days following your receipt of the products. You must take reasonable care of the products and promptly return them to us in accordance with the Returns procedure (above) at your cost. The returned products must be in resalable condition. Not worn (apart from trying on for fit) or washed and in the original packaging without any visible signs of wear and tear or any marks or stains (including make-up). You can of course open the packaging to try your products on but please do so carefully because we will need to re-use the packaging if you decide to cancel.
- Proof of purchase and a completed return form must be provided with your returned product (your receipt is emailed to you after you have completed your order and a copy is enclosed with your delivery).
- You are fully responsible for the cost and risk of the return shipping and we cannot be held responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit. For your own protection we strongly recommend that you use a recorded/tracked delivery service with sufficient insurance to cover the replacement value of the goods.
- Refunds for orders cancelled under these Regulations will be processed in accordance with your legal rights.
This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. Full details of your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are available in the UK from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or your Local Authority’s Trading Standards Office.
- Making a complaint
- We welcome feedback to help us improve the service we offer. If you have any complaint regarding any aspect please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to all complaints within 5 working days and will keep you informed as we deal with your complaint.
- There are certain liabilities which we cannot exclude by law and nothing in these General Terms and Conditions limits our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for fraud.
- You have certain rights as a consumer, including legal rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your legal rights in the UK, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights and, in particular, we will perform our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions with reasonable care and skill.
- Any products we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality. If we deliver a product to you that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact us for a repair or replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these General Terms and Conditions. We will not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- You must follow any advice we give you to keep products we supply to you safe (including any instructions or care labels provided with the products). We cannot accept liability for damage to products which is caused by your failure to follow this advice.
- In any event we will not be liable for any losses related to any business of yours including (without limitation) lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
- Other important terms
- We may update or amend these General Terms and Conditions of Sale from time to time to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the Website.
- These General Terms and Conditions of Sale supersede any other terms and conditions previously published by us and any other representations or statements made by us to you, whether oral, written or otherwise.
- You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale to any third party unless we agree in writing.
- We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale to any third party at our discretion.
- No relaxation or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale shall operate as waiver of that right or remedy or shall affect our ability to subsequently exercise that right or remedy. Any waiver must be agreed by us in writing.
- If any of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale shall remain in full force and effect.
- Only you and we shall be entitled to enforce these Terms of Sale. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Terms of Sale, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by English law. In the event of any matter or dispute arising out of or in connection with these General Terms and Conditions of Sale, you and we shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Who we are ?
- We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
• e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• write to us at: Claire's Eco Store, Unit 20, Farriers Way, Temple Farm Ind. Est, Southend, Essex, SS2 5RY
When contacting us, please remember to quote your name and contact details along with any Claire's Eco Store account number or correspondence reference you may have.
- We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
When you make purchases from Claire's Eco Store via our Website we may collect the following personal data about you:
• your name, age and sex;
• your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone, fax and e-mail details;
• where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
• where you place an order with us, your payment card details;
• your communication and shopping preferences;
• your browsing and online shopping activities;
• and your date of birth.
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website, including when you sign up to receive Claire's Eco Store newsletters. We may also collect some or all of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
- How we may store and use your information
- Claire's Eco Store (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
• to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
• to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
• with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
• to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
• for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
• for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
- We also process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through this Website and, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you. When you place an order with us, we may offer to retain your payment card details for your convenience to save you having to re-enter these details on a future occasion. However, if you prefer that we do not maintain these details, you can go to ‘My Account’, click on ‘Edit or delete a credit card’ and delete any card information that we hold about you.
- In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Claire's Eco Store has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- E-mail newsletter preferences and text alerts
- We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters, or to change the types of e-mail newsletters you receive, through our newsletter preference centre.
- Personalised banner advertising
- Targeted updates and marketing
- If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes we may send you emails and other communications relating to products which we think will be of interest and relevance to you as an individual. We do this by monitoring the browsing and online shopping habits of customers and providing them with information on products they have viewed and related products.
- We use Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key. However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us. If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety: • Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account. • When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to ‘My Account’ and clicking ‘Change name, email or password’, • Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- Spoof/false emails
- We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from clairesecostore.co.uk asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
- Your rights
- You have the following rights:
• the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
• the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and • the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you.
- Third party sites
- Internet Shopping Is Safe Accredited Retailer
- Claire's Eco Store is an ISIS accredited retailer and clairesecostore.co.uk is verified as an ISIS compliant website.
- Updates to this policy
- Contact us
- If you have any questions please contact us as per the contact details above.